Saturday, May 06, 2006

Sire!


My father and I have had a strange relationship.....At the beginning ,when I started discovering the world holding on to his thumb , he was this man from another world...the super human being who lead me into all challenges that the fresh world around me had to offer.
When he set off to work , I imagined he went on an adventure of sorts......

To a boy , his father is his gateway into manhood. A Razor wielding man with a strong voice ...that of command when chastising , of care when loving, of submission when listening to 'demands' for 'That red bicycle' or 'that action figure'.......the voice of a father.

But then everything changes......thats the law....the wind brushes your face and when you look back .....its a storm.

It soured....it all became an insipid mass of bundled emotions. Words that stopped at the mouth...never being able to say what we wanted to say....
Ice cold glances and greetings were all that we started living with.....
He was wholly uninterested in what I had to say and so was I......with what he had to say......I disappointed him, it seemed , with my very existence....

The finger that taught me to walk , today points at me....


If i could i would have said....
"o Sire , your lad is now a man...." ........if i could.........

4 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Raven said...

Beautiful .. Fantastic .. DAzzlng .. these are the only words i can gicve to your style of writing .. i loved every moment spent reading it .. Good job my frnd ..

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger So said...

very well written...do keep it up

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger temppixie said...

heart wrenching. I hope at some point you can talk, and even if he doesn't say it, I'm sure in his way he is proud.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey!!!
happened to read ur blog!!!...its really good!!!
"The wind brushes your face and when you look back .....its a storm."...so very true!!!.It is true in all context of life!!!
Be Happy!!!:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home