Friday, May 12, 2006

Voices.......


Have you heard the voices....?
the voices from the deep...
the voices that call my name .
They speak of unforgiven pasts,
of lights and of darknesses that I have lived in...
They come from millennia apart and spaces below....
Those voices haunt me
they spill out in the open like blood off a gaping wound...

On empty evenings when I sit in solitude
in the silences of the time
the voices disturb my peace
they scream like shattering glasses,
like murdered men....
The river bed is harsh and unfriendly
emotions sink in them....
in my lonely room , through the darkness
the distant voices come calling....

My melancholy rebels tonight
the voices ask me to break the chains....
they sing songs of faith and lust
In the morning when sun beams force though my windows
I hear the voices again
they never leave,
they never die,
they are eternal voices........

11 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Monami Roy said...

u are 56 million different things....and voices, darl, r a part of it. NOSTRADAMUS KNEW IT!!...looks like so do u.
ps:u do understand im passing no opinion bout ur blog???:D

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Saira said...

hey ur way is much better..i like that..and i feel the same when i sit back all alone...

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Saira said...

i cudnt stop myself from reading all ur posts...they r too good..keep the good work going..

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Ashi said...

solitary reaper?

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur voice s heard....n i find a beautiful writer in it!!!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger catch 22 said...

Nice one.At times we are so helpless that we cant even close our ears so that these voices cant be heard.
Nice blog here. :)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Karthik said...

Written very well !! - so say my inner "voices"

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger nowheregirl said...

beautifully written...

will be coming back regualrly from now on...

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger The Mocking Spirit said...

Very Profound liked it...a lot.
Ill be linking you on mine.
Check my blog sometime.

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful poem.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Best Candid photographers in Jaipur
Great post and very helpful for me.Thanks for share this post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home